Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 365: Popped sequins

I'm glad that my last expression is in keeping with all of the others ie, sad and distant. I've spent the last two days in a tizzy trying to finish this blog on time. Now that I've gotten to the last post, I feel like taking my time. I don't expect this will be the last time I ever post on this blog, quite the contrary I intend to continue whenever I feel an outfit is worthy. However, this post is the end of the year long journey and I must say I'm sorry to see it go. A short review of the year: My first post in which the title of the blog became appropriate, my delving into bangs that only in remembrance is attractive, purple day, all of my siblings were featured on the blog at some point (usually barefoot), that one week where I posed with flags, I wore ugly clothes and didn't update for a week because of band camp, my thrifting buddy moved, first day of school, Ruben Studdard and I have a birthday, I go to school dances, I discuss my love of Mimi, I wear my favorite outfit, and now, I finish.
Sweater: My friend's basement. Her mom has an affection for purchasing halloween costumes that nobody will ever wear. When I found it in the basement of their house, they said it suited me and I've been saving it all year for today. 
Blouse: Thrifted. This is the same blouse as in my favorite outfit but I washed it with a bunch of red stuff and now it's pink. Like buying a whole new blouse!
Skirt: Forever 21. 
Headband: Scarlett's. Thrifting buddy <3
Tights: Express. Christmas was kind to my legs. 
Shoes: Target.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Quiet weeping here.

A remarkable achievement. :)

Love, the photographer

Musingwoman said...

I've been following and enjoying your blog for quite a while. Thanks for all the work and creativity you put into it (and thank you, Julie, for taking the photos!).

P.S. You also helped inspire me to buy my psychedelic gogo dress, which I'm wearing to a New Year's Eve party tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

soooo saaaad this picture a day process is over. you have changed the way I dress and my friends always tell me when they're wearing outfits that are inspired by you. Thank you for popping all your sequins for the fans!
hoj poj