Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 120: Here that, Caitrin?

I, Caitrin Grace Bogart Sweeney Pod, am so excited about the Royal wedding! No one in my school seems  excited--at all. It's sort of a buzzkill. At least it would be, if my buzz was killable. BUT NAY. I didn't wake up at 4:00 AM to watch because I'm sick and school and all of the obvious issues. But I saw the dress before school. Holy shit. The dress rocked my world. I'm not gonna talk about it at length, but my mind keeps straying back to it and I can't accurately explain why. But certain items of clothing sort of take me away, and this was one of them. It embodied a lot of qualities I value in clothing. Also, I don't really like weddings and don't believe in marriage and don't plan on doing either. But this wedding--specifically this dress--are something else entirely.
Blouse: Thrifted. I'm at my dad's and completely forgot my brooches (not that I have any that are worthy of any praise except "Oh it was only 50 cents?!") so I don't feel appropriate for this magical day. Though, Laura and I are planning on going fancy hat shopping soon.
Dress: Forever 21. Velvet is classy, right?
Belt: Ralph Lauren.
Watch: Thrifted. I think I need another watch. Perhaps one that isn't an hour early.
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang at Kohls. Goddamn. We are all sick of these shoes. I promise I'll go shoe shopping soon.

No comments: